Forest Hills Bible Chapel exists to glorify God through worship, edification, evangelism and social action. Our strategy for achieving these objectives is to serve one another and reach out to those in our communities who have not yet believed in Jesus Christ, making disciples of them by:
- Building relationships of integrity with them.
- Presenting a clear, verbal witness of the gospel to them.
- Exposing them to the love and unity of the body of Christ.
- Building them up through the teaching of the Bible.
- Involving them in small groups for prayer, fellowship and mutual accountability.
- Providing them opportunities for worship, service and the exercise of spiritual gifts.
- Encouraging those whom the Lord adds to this local church to become involved in this strategy, beginning at step 1.
Because Christ commissioned us to make disciples of all nations, we actively send and support persons to implement this strategy in places around the world where the message of the gospel is needed.
Definitions and Bible References
- Body of Christ:
- The Church, Christians, those who have accepted the gospel and become disciples of Jesus Christ (Romans 12:4-5, Ephesians 1:22-23, Colossians 1:18, 24)
- Our spheres of contact, including our friends, neighbors, co-workers and family members.
- A follower of Jesus Christ the Lord, one involved in a growing relationship with him (John 8:31-32, John 13:34-35, John 15:5-8)
- Building one another up in the Christian faith (Romans 14:19, Ephesians 4:11-13 & 29)
- Communicating the gospel to people who have not yet received it (Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 8:1-4, 2 Corinthians 5:11-6:2)
- The good news that Jesus Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again on the third day according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:1-11, Colossians 1:15-23)
- Social Action:
- Being agents of justice and mercy in our society (Micah 6:8, Matthew 5:13-16, Hebrews 13:16)
- Spiritual Gifts:
- Abilities or qualities given by God to Christians for the common good (Romans 12:3-8, I Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4:7-13, 1 Peter 4:10-11)
- Exalting God because of who he is and what he has done (Deuteronomy 6:4-9 & 13, Psalm 29:1-2, Psalm 96-99, Hebrews 12:28-29, Revelation 4-5)